Tuesday 9 January 2018

Vegan Dry January Day 9: Avoiding four meals a day

Feet model's own.
It is my first of four earlies at ITV News. A heartening start came from stepping on the scales shortly after getting out of bed. I am (or was at 5am) 11st 7lb, after reaching the giddy heights of 11st 12lb earlier this week. I know weight fluctuations and scale inaccuracies mean that I haven't really lost 5lb, but I'd rather my scales were showing an unreliable loss rather than a similar-sized unreliable gain.

Yesterday I ate my own bodyweight in roasted nuts, which gave me my recommended daily allowance of salt in one sitting. It did fill me up, though, and by the time I got home at 11pm it was too late for dinner.

Earlies are terrible for the metabolism and it's very easy to eat four meals a day, so I try to wait as long as possible after waking up before I have anything.

After showering, getting dressed and navigating my way to an anonymous doorstep location, I variously stood outside in the cold, or when it was safe to do so, got in the van to keep warm over the course of two and a half hours from 6.45am to 9.15am. I felt a bit dehydrated, but the last thing you want to do is take on any fluids, as that just means you'll be needing to go to the toilet for an indeterminate period of time, which is horrible.

Anyway, we got our shot, which I'm sure you'll see on the news today. I am heading back to base to get rid of my thermals and make myself available for the lunchtime news. I have already finished off a Hike and Paleo bar, and I have some fruit and the inevitable nuts in my bag. If I can get away for an itsu after the lunchtime news that would make me very happy, but we'll see how it goes.

Today's vlog (from the secret doorstep location) is here, and below. Below that is the latest tale of the tape and all the Vegan Dry January posts to date. Oh and do like and subscribe to the vlog if you like it and want to subscribe to it. You can have these blog posts delivered via email too. There should be a little box to fill in on this webpage - just put your email in there and confirm it when you get the request in your inbox. You will never miss an exciting instalment of the Nick is Not Drinking blog. Until you unsubscribe. Have fun.


***************************

Weight: 11st 7lb

Exercise: 10 mins cycle, 30 mins walk

Food:

Hike bar
Paleo bar
Soy Americano.
Apple, satsuma, banana.
Unsalted nuts.
Sainsbury's minestrone soup.
Two slices homemade bread with pure spread.
Oatly in tea (didn't separate!).

**************************

Vegan Dry January Day 31: The Last Post
Vegan Dry January Day 30: A Vegan in Downing Street
Vegan Dry-ish January Day 29: Can't see what all the fuss is about
Days 26 to 28 are Nonblogged.
Vegan Dry January Day 25: Simon Amstell is a Vegan
Days 20 to 24 are Nonblogged. 
Vegan Dry January Day 19: Peer review
Vegan Dry January Day 18: Are you a vegan?
Vegan Dry January Day 17: Mmm... cashews.... 
Vegan Dry January Day 16: Taking Stock
Vegan Dry January Day 15: A relapse
Days 13 and 14 are Nonblogged. 
Vegan Dry January Day 12: There was no Day 11
There really wasn't a day 11
Vegan Dry January Day 10: Alcohol wobble
Vegan Dry January Day 9: Avoiding four meals a day
Vegan Dry January Day 8: Smeared Poo
Vegan Dry January Day 7: Separation Anxiety
Vegan Dry January Day 6: Wastelands of Admin
Vegan Dry January Day 5: Oatly is the tits
Vegan Dry January Day 4: Milk is everywhere
Vegan Dry January Day 3: I've lost my nuts
Vegan Dry January Day 2: This is going well
Vegan Dry January Day 1: Vegan Dry January is go

No comments:

Post a Comment