Friday 12 January 2018

Vegan Dry January Day 12: There was no Day 11

Weekend plans.
I'm home alone with James (6) over the weekend. On learning this was going to happen he wrote the above list of things to do whilst I was at work. They are:

1. me and dad have the best party ever.
2. we go to football
3. make lots of lego
4. play a game

Attaboy.

Yesterday was so bonkers I didn't have time for a vlog or a blog, which is a shame as I ate like a champion, worked like a dog and was in bed before 8pm. That's living.

Not drinking means all the boring stuff I could usually put off forever gets done. Although I have found I would rather clean the whole house than write invoices. I've also started pursuing a story I let lie for a while last year, though that might be because I met a useful contact last week.

On the food front, the vegan ready-meals have been great. I now have weekday routine - energy bars and fruit in the morning, nuts for lunch and a vegan ready meal for dinner.

Last night I had a proper feast. Crisps and salsa, followed by vegetarian samosa, vegan chickpea curry ready meal, then raspberry sorbet with grated organic chocolate on top.

I could quite happily be a vegan, and whilst I'm not going out and not drinking, it's easier not to eat animal (by-)products.

If/when I reach a point where it's easier to be vegan than it is to be omnivorous or vegetarian, I'll do it. Whilst it's not, I won't.

On the health front the weight certainly appears to be sloughing off. This morning I weighed 11st 5.6lb, which means if you believe the 11st 12lb my scales reported on 2nd Jan, is just under half a stone in 10 days. If I manage another 5lb before the end of the month, I'll be happy.

Today's vlog is below (and here, if you can't see it), below that, the tale of the tape.


************************
Weight: 11st 5lb

Exercise: 5 mins cycling

Food:

Hike and Raw bars, apple, banana and satsuma
Tesco Wicked beans and mash
Jamie Oliver's vegan bean chilli with rice
Crisps and salsa
Carrots and Houmous
Two soy americanos

**************************

Vegan Dry January Day 31: The Last Post
Vegan Dry January Day 30: A Vegan in Downing Street
Vegan Dry-ish January Day 29: Can't see what all the fuss is about
Days 26 to 28 are Nonblogged.
Vegan Dry January Day 25: Simon Amstell is a Vegan
Days 20 to 24 are Nonblogged. 
Vegan Dry January Day 19: Peer review
Vegan Dry January Day 18: Are you a vegan?
Vegan Dry January Day 17: Mmm... cashews.... 
Vegan Dry January Day 16: Taking Stock
Vegan Dry January Day 15: A relapse
Days 13 and 14 are Nonblogged. 
Vegan Dry January Day 12: There was no Day 11
There really wasn't a day 11
Vegan Dry January Day 10: Alcohol wobble
Vegan Dry January Day 9: Avoiding four meals a day
Vegan Dry January Day 8: Smeared Poo
Vegan Dry January Day 7: Separation Anxiety
Vegan Dry January Day 6: Wastelands of Admin
Vegan Dry January Day 5: Oatly is the tits
Vegan Dry January Day 4: Milk is everywhere
Vegan Dry January Day 3: I've lost my nuts
Vegan Dry January Day 2: This is going well
Vegan Dry January Day 1: Vegan Dry January is go

No comments:

Post a Comment