Saturday 8 November 2014

Target reached!

Wahey!
Thanks to an extraordinarily generous donation to each of the four charities this blog is supporting (see picture above) I have now reached and exceeded my fundraising target of £1000.

I am very grateful to Kirstie and the Spence Family Trust who have donated the £400 those cheques represent. Writing one cheque is a physically and emotionally exhausting process nowadays, writing four is dedication above and beyond the call of duty.

I am, of course, most grateful to everyone who has put some money this blog's way. From Stephen the Crawley Town fan who chucked in a fiver the moment my Virgin Giving page went live to the stranger in Dubai who read an article in the Times of India written about alcohol by a man called Nick, managed to confuse him with me, but donated anyway in memory of his alcoholic father. Every time I get an email notification of a donation of any size it puts me in a proper happy mood. Which is helpful when you are not drinking.

I have a choice now. My totaliser stands at £1305. I could try doubling my target to £2000 and then spend the next couple of months hassling you to give me money. But why risk failure?

That said, I am sure the four causes I am supporting would appreciate it if you did have any spare cash, target or no - so please don't let my inherent lack of ambition stop you from clicking on the Virgin Money Giving button on the right hand side of this page.

Thank you - thank you for reading, thank you for donating and thank you for all the kind words you've said about this blog. Next post - how to get brain damage from drinking! Yay!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment