Monday 30 December 2013

The pledge

Hello.

My name is Nick, I am a 40 year old journalist from England, and for the next three hundred and sixty-odd days I am going to blog about my experience of not drinking.

Hence the blog title. Nick is not drinking. Not once. Not even one tiny drop of booze in the whole of 2014.

How will I cope? What difference will it make? Will I get healthier? Will I save money? Will I become fitter, happier, more productive? Will I actually get past the end of January?

All these questions and more will be answered over the forthcoming weeks, here on this blog.

I am also aiming to raise some money for charity by doing this, and will post accordingly when the inevitable justgiving (or whatever) page is live.

If you're courting thoughts of abstemiosity, taking January off the sauce, a long term teetotal or just think I'm mad, then please feel free join in the fun. Or lack of it.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment